Archive logs compatibility

From: <elnikou_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:53:19 +0200

Hello

are archive logs of Oracle 8.x compatible with Oracle 7.3.4 ?

Here is the problem : both my production server and my backup server are running oracle 7.3.4. The backup DB is feeded with the archive logs of the production server. oth databases will be migrated to Oracle 8.x. So I am wondering if the 2 databases ahve to migrated in the same time or if I can first migrate the backup server (or the production server) and after, the other one ? For example, can the 8.x DB be backuped by the 7.3.4 DB (for a short period of time of course, maybe one week or two).

Thanks in advance for your answers Received on Sat Jun 08 2002 - 06:53:19 CDT