Re: Cannot connect to the database!

From: Patrice Castet <patrice.castet_at_in-fusio.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:30:56 +0200

Hi !

it usually comes from your database's "listener" process which must have been hanged.

In that case you can connect with "internal" but with no other "user" as they all connect through the listener process.

To reboot must have relaunched it properly. You can see it in NT's "services" section.

Cheers,
Patrice

"Pinto" <ucanmailme_at_india.com> a écrit dans le message news: adpobg$62e$1_at_news.mch.sbs.de...
> Hello,
> I am unable to connect the database.
> if i use sqlplus, after giving me the release and copyright information,
it
> does not do anything. no error message.
>
> SQL*Plus: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Fri Jun 7 12:54:53 2002
>
> (c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> if i use svrmgrl
> i am able to connect as internal user but not as anyother user.
> the same problem, no error message, no time out nothing.
>
> sqlnet.log does not give any message.
> tnsping works fine.
>
> This happened all of a sudden. it was a properly working system.
>
> After this i restarted the Database and now everything is working fine.
>
> what could cause such a problem.
>
> system config:
> Win NT (microsoft cluster server), 2 GB ram, lot of free harddisk space
> oracle 8.1.7.3
> MTS enabled.
> OS authentication enabled.
> All connections from server use dedicated server
(use_dedicated_server=ON),