Oracle FormsServer and https

From: Leopold Zyka <leopold.zyka_at_igel.at>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 12:07:23 +0200

Dear Oracle Gurus,

We have a running Application using Oracle8i (8.1.7) and WebDB as http-listener. OS=Windows2000.
Everything runs fine when we use Sockets. Several problems came up when we tried to make the
Connection secure using https.
Due to a rumor that WebDB is not allowed for production we installed Apache 1.3.12 which comes
with Oracle Enterprise 8i. It works fine with Socketconnections.

Questions:

  1. Is there anybody running the FormsServer without an Application Server using https ?
  2. Licenses Is it allowed to run a prodcutionenvironment using the WebDB-Listener ?
  3. Is it necessary to use 2 Certificates (1 for the FormsServer and 1 for the http-Listener) ?
  4. How can it be configured to use only one Certificate ?

regards, Leopold Received on Fri Jun 07 2002 - 05:07:23 CDT