Re: intermittent commit on insert ?

From: Norbert Vossiek <norbert.vossiek_at_gmx.li>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:24:22 +0200

Galen,

Yes, seems like junk. But with regard to that the invitation to THINK (as pleasently issued by Sybrand) is not that devious. And the best lesson I took from Tom Kyte is: Measure. Maybe his solution is somewhat inadequate in your particular situation, but it's always worth thinking about this approach.

BTW: Prashant Sarodes incredible knowledge-list includes Java, EJB, C, C++, Coldfusion, VB 6.0, CGI scripts in C on the Linux platform, MySQL, and Oracle/ Developer 2000. Personally, I don't see any database qualification mentioned...

Norbert