Re: Execute immediate problem. Dear Mr. Morgan...

From: Geert Roelof <grploeg_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 08:38:58 +0200

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Geert Roelof wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I build a pl/sql procedure which generates pl/sql. I use a dummy script
>>and some variables. Those variables are the replace and the whole
>>generated pl/sql code is executed by using EXECUTE IMMEDIATE (V_SCRIPT)
>>
>>V_Script is defined as varchar2(32767)
>>
>>The following problem occurs. When I generate a script which is less
>>then 2000 characters long everything works fine. But when i generate a
>>script which is larger then 2000 characters it fails with the error: Not
>>enough privileges. (?) I check the code and its correct, but i cannot
>>get it into the database with an execute immediate.
>>
>>The documentation states that execute immediate can handle scripts as
>>large as 32K so what is happening here?
>>
>>Does anyone out there have a clue?
>>
>>Any suggestions are welcome
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>G.R. van der Ploeg
>>Senior developer
>>Geove/RZG
>>

> I don't mean to be harsh here but this is a rant that has been repeated
> many times in this group.
>
> I am stricl by the fact that under your name you wrote "Senior developer"
> but you didn't think it important to give us the actual error message.
> Neither do I see a platform, an operating system, or an Oracle version. Any
> chance you could make it easier on those that might wish to help you?
>
> And as long as I am both trying to help you and ranting a bit ... please
> don't multipost. This message should only be posted to c.d.o.server. It is
> not miscellaneous and it has nothing to do with Oracle tools.
>
> Daniel Morgan

So you want some more information?

 >I don't mean to be harsh here but this is a rant that has been repeated  >many times in this group.

I dont know with you but i don not search every time through the whole newsgroup. So if it is repeated and a known problem why not just state that fact and give me a help.

 > I am stricl by the fact that under your name you wrote "Senior
 > developer"
 > but you didn't think it important to give us the actual error message.

I thought i wrote the error was 'not enough priviliges' . But if you want a number thats fine with me. I posted this message from my home and not from the desk i work. I did it from memory. The error should be: insufficient privileges. Just don't tell me i am not a senior developer because i don't give you all the numbers. The problem can be a general one, and i didn't find anything on metalink. Besides that fact I am not a DBA so i just don't know all of the hardware facts.

The numbers mr. Morgan:

ORA-1031: insufficient priviliges
Platform UNIX

    but then you want to know the exact version and which flavour I     suppose
RDBMS 8.1.7
Hardware I don't know but if you insist on getting the numbers right then i need to ask a DBA for that information.

Finally, as you can see: for your convenience i only posted it on cdo.server.

With regards,

G.R. van der Ploeg Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 01:38:58 CDT