Re: How to Build a similare DataBases on Oracle and SQLServer

From: Laurent <l.moulhaud_at_alfainfo.fr>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:20:23 +0200

Thanks Daniel for your answers.

> 1. You are incorrect. Certainly with respect to 9i.

I am using 8.1.7. personal edition to make some test and your answer I a really good news to us

> 2. It is unreasonable to create similar stored procedures at the code
level
> though you may wish to create procedures that perform similar functions
with the
> same name. So, for example, a procedure that reserves airplane seats might
exist
> in both systems but the methodology of the code inside them will be
different.

I had seen it like this , because T-Sql seem to be fairly different than PL/SQL.
I wish there would be no much trouble with parameter (DATETIME in SQLServer and DATE in Oracle, OUTPUT ,....) we ll have to make some significant test on that

> 3. No. But there are very substantial differences in concurrency, locking,
and
> transactions that must be understood or you will fail.

That will be a big work to anderstand that too.

Thanks again .