Re: Export Problem

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 22:06:40 -0700

Pinaki wrote:

> Hi,
> Connecting to export is creating a problem.I am using the Oracle
> Export tool.But after I enter the username/password_at_hoststring
> (SCOTT/TIGER_at_HOSTSTRING for example) it says "NO
> LISTENER,ORA-12154"...But I am able to connect to the database from
> SQL PLUS using the same set of username/password_at_hoststring...
> It would be really helpful if anybody could clarify where the problem
> could be...
>
> Thanks,
> Pinaki

Check the syntax of EMP. I have used it many times but have never once logged on as you are attempting to do.

From my experience the usage is:

EXP                   USERID=system/manager
                         BUFFER=
                         FILE=dba.dmp
                         GRANTS=Y    -- default
                         INDEXES=Y    -- default
                         ROWS=        -- default
                         CONSTRAINTS=Y    -- default
                         COMPRESS=Y    -- default
                         FULL=N        -- default
                         OWNER=(x,y,z)    -- comma delimited list
                         TABLES=(a,b,c)    -- comma delimited list
                         RECORDLENGTH    -- only used when moving
between operating systems
                         INCTYPE=    -- valid values are COMPLETE,
CUMULATIVE, & INCREMENTAL
                                 -- default is none
                         HELP        -- displays help info
                         PARFILE=    -- parameter file containing these
items
                         LOG=log.log    -- default is NONE
                         CONSISTENT=N    -- default
                         STATISTICS=    -- valid values are ESTIMATE,
COMPUTE, & NONE
                                 -- default is NONE

Daniel Morgan Received on Thu Jun 06 2002 - 00:06:40 CDT