Re: oracle 9i connection string with SYS account

From: Bertus Dam <b.dam_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 09:40:16 +0200

I know I need to change the sys password, I know the SYS account isn't meant for daily use, and I know I need to read those manuals too :)

Only one thing: I'm trying to get my application to work with Oracle. It already supports SQL Server. I have a
script to fill my database with some stuff. But first I want to create a database of course. Now in SQL Server it works like this: You log on to the master database with Integrated Security (O/S security) From there I can create a database and create users etc. etc. Only thing I want to know is how to do this in Oracle.