Re: Oracle 8.1.7 Standard Edition and WebDB

From: Sander <sander_at_example.com>
Date: 04 Jun 2002 19:41:57 GMT

Sean M <smckeown_at_earthlink.net> wrote in news:3CF78DD8.17D76560_at_earthlink.net:
> Huh. That's surprising, but I'll take your word for it. I can
> see why the old HTTP listener wouldn't work with the new toolkit,
> but I'm surprised that the underlying pl/sql engine changed so
> much between 8.1.6 and 8.1.7 that the 8.1.6 WebDB pl/sql would
> stop working. Well, thanks for the info.

You may get it to work (when you create synonyms etc. as described in the 'Using the PL/SQL Gateway' manual) if you definitely want it to. But there is so little reason for keeping the WebDB listener. The performance of the Apache server is much better.

And as the toolkit has to be installed into the SYS schema I would not mess up my database with an old toolkit version (I don't know by heart which version is installed by WebDB, but it might even be 8.1.5).

Sander Received on Tue Jun 04 2002 - 14:41:57 CDT