Re: Getting the IP address of someone connecting through web forms

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:28:05 -0700

Ryan wrote:

> Thanks... However, I think you mean the forms level on-logon trigger right?
> I need to get this information for use in a menu option. The user will not
> necessarily access any form and if they do... there are alot to choose from.
>
> Dont remember if there is an on-logon database trigger. Is that what you
> mean?
>
> "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > Ryan wrote:
> >
> > > The reason is that I have absolutely no say in the matter and that the
> > > client wants it that way. I have been given requirements that I need to
> > > meet. I dont always like them, but I cannot change them.
> > >
> > > BTW, SYS_CONTEXT doesnt work... if I run it from the database I just get
> the
> > > server IP. This is a web application so the rules are different.
> > >
> > > "Daniel Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message

> of
> address?

> CREATE

> > I understand.
> >
> > Why didn't you look at what I suggested to you instead of just repeating
> back to
> > us what doesn't work?
> >
> > Daniel Morgan

I mean the logon trigger in the database ... this has nothing to do with Forms or any other external application or interface.

The group you chose to post in is c.d.o.server ... not c.d.o.tools. The solution provided is consistent with where you placed your message. But it is just as applicable in Forms.

Daniel Morgan Received on Mon Jun 03 2002 - 23:28:05 CDT