Re: Loosing connection to Oracle Instance.

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 03:02:27 GMT

Depending on the amount of data your system moves back and forth per connection and per instance, one thing you might wish to consider is the use of dedicated listeners rather than MTS listeners, which generally are best for hurry-up-and-wait situations where you have users sitting at screens and on a good day they might plunk on an ENTER key.

If you are communicating data between high volume (Oracle OEM, Oracle Designer or Developer, or other such apps, or to/from a middle tier server, dedicated connections will probably work better for you, presuming you have enough memory and CPU resources).

Adding a (SERVER=DEDICATED) clause to the TNSNAMES files of your application servers will do the job.

Tell us more about your application architecture and environment, if you would, please?