Performance problem

From: Carlos Alberto <calberto2312_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2002 06:53:52 -0700

Hi,

   I run a script to load a table liked this :

insert into a
select * from b
where ...

   After it run :

Table A has 100 million records
Table B has 47 million records

   The tables have the same structure, and they are on different tablespaces. Tablespace which b resides is in a 'large file' filesystem, while the other not.

   When I count the number of records of A, it takes about 10 minutes. For B, it takes about 15 minutes, although it has half of records. Besides it, any access to table B is slower than to A, with the same SQL. Can you explain me why? Is there any tool (or v$) to monitor the IO/seconds of one datafile/tablespace? I guess it could be a physical problem.

Thanks in advanced,
Carlos Received on Mon Jun 03 2002 - 08:53:52 CDT