Startup RAC database.

From: news1.on.sympatico.ca <luosh_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:54:45 -0400

Hi Gurus,

Here is my problem, can anyone give some hints? I installed 9i in three AIX 64 bits unix box. I also create my database use dbca tools with 3 instances each per node. The oracle file system are created on raw device. It went through until postinstallation step, the last step of installcation.

Postinstallation already created other 2 groups redo log files for other two instances. But it is hanging due to only one instance startup. the other two are hang. The hanging place is SMON checking dead thread from alert log file.

I tried to shut down all instances and restart manually by using sqlplus, I got same result. The funny thing is I can ONLY start one instance from any of three node, but I can not start them all.

Is I missed something?

I really need get this done for my benchmarking my applications. I appreciated any suggestion .

Thank you in advance.

Frank Luo Received on Sat Jun 01 2002 - 09:54:45 CDT