Re: Problems with data type (number converted to char)

From: Manu <manu_at_phlcommunication.com>
Date: 28 May 2002 21:02:50 GMT

I MUST do a select * as opposed to naming columns, simply because the tables used by the select statement change depending of the customer using the software and stupid things like this. Of course, you'll tell me that this program is badly written, and I'll be ok with this. But actually, I have to maintain it, and it's about 5000 files, 4 data models and 7 years old... I really can't change it, no time, and btw I'm not paid for it :) That's why some help with a TRIM(*) would be very, very appreciated. Now you can start moving your fingers on the keyboard ;)

Thanks

E.Andreu