Re: How to store a directory info into a database?

From: Eric Dickner <spam_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:06:04 -0400

"Louis Chen"
> Hi, I need your suggestion as what would be an good design of a
> relational database to store a directory structure like information.

How about this.

table level_0 {
dir_id int, KEY
dir_name varchar,
parent_id int = null,
child_id enumeration of int,
}

table level_1 {
dir_id int, KEY
dir_name varchar,
parent_id int = null,
child_id enumeration of int,
}

.
.
.

table level_N {
dir_id int, KEY
dir_name varchar,
parent_id int = null,
child_id enumeration ot int,
}

I have to think this is the best you can do both search wise and sroarage wise.

ejd Received on Mon May 27 2002 - 08:06:04 CDT