Re: Corrupt datafile of TEMPORARY tablespace

From: RSH <RSH_Oracle_NOSPAM_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 22:01:50 GMT

That was really mean.( Directed at Sybrand/)

I don't know your version, release, or O/S and plaform, but TEMP should be able to fail nearly regardless. Recreate a new TEMP tablespace (wherever you had it, somewhere else if you can) using the offline modes of database maintenance and bring Oracle down to cold and start. TEMP segments and a crashed database normally have not caused an irreconcilable problem, only lots of REDO work.

If your TEMP tablespace(s) and their datafiles were allowed to autoexpand, that is not a good thing.

It's never been a good thing.

Sybrand, despite his rough edges occasionally, gives good advice and I would not take his advice as a personal insult or such.

RSH.