ldap Oracle8.1.7.2 on RH 7.2

From: Manuela Mueller <520040906697-0001_at_t-online.de>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 23:09:07 +0200

Dear all,
trying to install ldap on Oracle 8.1.7 on RH 7.2 in order to learn more about Oracle Internet Directory.
Created the database manually via SQL-scripts, didn't use dbassist so maybe the special schema for Oracle Internet Directory is missing (I'm unsure about this).
Net8 admin guide describes that you can configure Directory access at any time after the installation using netca.

http://otn.oracle.com:80/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/network.817/a76933/namingcf.htm#479411

netca always reports errors "Directory Service error", no further error specification. I'm not able to create Directory acess, nor Oracle Context or Oracle schema.
A google search returned nothing useful. I looked around in ORACLE_HOME/rdms/admin and found a script dbmsldap.sql. The header of this script describes :
 Package specification for DBMS_LDAP
--- This is the primary interface used by various clients to

I'm unsure if I have to run this script as prerequiste before launching netca.

Has anybody sucessful installed Oracle Internet Directory on Linux, has some advice for this situation?

Any comments are welcome, have a nice weekend Manuela Mueller Received on Fri May 24 2002 - 16:09:07 CDT