Analytic Functions not in 8i SE ?

From: Harald Henkel <H.Henkel_at_GS-automation.DE>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:44:46 +0200

Hello.

Klaus Zeuch wrote:

> "Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:3cecc801$0$231$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...
> > Is OLAP available with standard edition.
>
> Oracle Analytic Functions are available in 8i Enterprise Edition only. 9i
> supports analytic functions in the standard edition.

My collegue who wrote that view wrote to me:

Oracle documentation says that this feature is included (not OLAP but analityc functions).

Features

Data Warehousing and VLDB
 CUBE and ROLLUP
Normal Y

EE              Y
Standard        Y

 OLAP operators CUBE and ROLLUP to produce sub-totals and crosstab reports
easily and efficiently using a single SQL statement.

Data Warehousing and VLDB
 Analytic functions
Normal Y

EE              Y
Standard        Y

 These include rank, moving average, and ratio-to-report.

My own search through Oracle 8i HTML docs didn't result in any different statement.

So, which OLTP window functions does the view (see previous posting "OLAP not enabled !?") use,
which might not be available in 8i SE ?

Harald Henkel

--
Harald Henkel