Run 2 versions of Oracle (8i and 9i) on the same server

From: Stef <stephane.moinard_at__NOSPAM_smind.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:55:10 +0200

Hello,

In order to perform tests on Linux boxes (RH 7.2), I installed Oracle 8.1.7. Running fine.
I'd like to know if it's possible to run Oracle 9i on the same server, at the same time (two different SID of course).

Are there steps to follow to avoid problems ? In particular, I don't understand how the two servers can make the difference of what version to use with the instances in the /etc/oratab.

Thanks.

Stef. Received on Thu May 23 2002 - 03:55:10 CDT