Re: Oracle 9i client on windows me

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 20:28:02 +1000

The problem starts with WinMe. It's a bloody awful operating system, and I can't think why you wouldn't switch to XP or Win2K.

Even Win98 would be better.

Oracle is not certified against WinME for anything. With good reason. Not saying it won't work (it's not certified against XP either, but it works fine). But you'd most definitely be on your own.

Regards