Re: Impossible to download of Oracle9iR2 for Linux

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 04:15:47 GMT

in article acf51p$p8scu$1_at_ID-82084.news.dfncis.de, Mladen Gogala at mgogala_at_adelphia.net wrote on 5/21/02 8:58 PM:

> To make a long story short, Oracle is up to it's old tricks. Download sucks
> and breaks down, while oracle has done everything in it's power to
> prevent using utilities like wget. It is impossible to download even a
> single file, even with a link as fast as my cable modem.
> I don't believe that oracle really wants people to successfully download the
> software. If they did, they would have provided more reliable download
> server.
> Does anybody else have the same experience? May be if we write an article
> to the ComputerWorld or some similar magazine, may bhen Oracle Corp. will
> relent and provide a decent download server instead of this extremely

 I downloaded last night with no problems. Tonight looks like a different story - I'm getting connection failure errors. I'll forward your post to the relevant people at Oracle, in the meantime please note that Release 2 is available on the Store from tonight. Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 23:15:47 CDT