Re: Is there a way to specify a record delimitor for SQL*Loader rather than accepting the default LF CR?

From: Mark <mzquincey_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:13:02 GMT

Thank you for the tips.

However, I have a couple of more questions:

  1. The str substitution techniques works for 8i and above, but not for 7.X, correct?
  2. In the example provided where the str option employs a hex conversion, how am I to interpret the string statement?

    INFILE 'g:\8pafir8x.txt' "str X'0d0a'"

Does SQL*Loader know to replace the default record delimiter with what is in the string, which in this case is already 0d0a in hex, or linefeed, carriage return. Why replace the default delimiter with itself? How does SQL*Loader know how to substitute the record separator with the one of your choice, say a grave (`)?

Thank you,

Mark