Re: Snapshot "UNDEFINED" object invalid

From: Jason S. Person <personj_at_ncr.disa.mil>
Date: 21 May 2002 13:35:27 -0700

Posting a reply from OTN in case someone else has the same problem:

This is an Oracle 8i bug that is fixed in Oracle 9i. Actually, I believe it is two bugs. The Materialized View showing up as UNDEFINED has to do with a bad view in the data dictionary. I believe a object of type '28' isn't getting decoded properly. The materialized view being 'INVALID' shouldn't be an issue. If you would like to fix this grant 'query rewrite' and 'global query rewrite' to the owner of the materialized view. Then do a 'alter materialized view <view_name> compile' to put it back in a VALID state. The bug related to this has to do with not being able to pick up these grants view a ROLE (DBA in most cases). Received on Tue May 21 2002 - 15:35:27 CDT