Re: Index-Organized Tables (suck ???)

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 May 2002 06:51:41 -0700

Another way to rebuild the table is to do a 'Create Table As'. It's a little more work, but, would do the job you need to do. Here's an example

create table new_table as
  select *
    from old_table;

BTW, you can specify all the necessary table parameters needed in the create statement. Also, be sure that you create all the DDL necessary to fully restore the table back to its original structure, i.e. all triggers, grants, foreign keys pointing to and from the table, etc ...... Also, if you do NOLOGGING in the create, the create will go a little quicker, however, make sure you backup the database soon after.  Also, it'd probably be a good idea to rename the current table at just before the create so that no one may use the table while it's being rebuilt.

HTH,
Pete's

All disclaimers apply, follow the above at your own risk.