Re: validation

From: Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:51:48 +0200

Nuno Souto wrote:

> Often the separation line is hazy. Particularly when dealing with J2EE
> designers: for them everything has to be "decoupled" from anything that
> is not Java. And "coupled" with EJBeans. Bottom line: they simply shift
> the maintenance needs around and make them totally coupled to the app
> server. A total mistake, for which we have to thank Sun and their
> "illuminated" designers...

And what about referential integrity? As I said earlier, some apps even don't use database mechanisms to ensure referential integrity. Me, myself and I always always use it. Even w/o the application I have a way to ensure or check referential integrity.

Regards,

Knut Received on Thu May 16 2002 - 05:51:48 CDT