Re: Seeking Advice: MS SQL DBA learning Oracle?

From: Keld Nielsen <keldnielsen_at_image.dk>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:51:35 +0200

Well, well, I have a DBA running around saying '*don't use* nvl and decode.

Can you imagine why ? (comment was: don't use them in a where clause and by the way what's a function (further on - what's the difference between a function
and a procedure - no, I'm not joking !))

I do somewhat agree with your comments below Jim, but I disagree that they only
apply to developers.

When has it ever been possible to include sufficient time to 'put performance in from the start' ? (the answer I always get is 'cut your estimate by x%')

Keld.