Re: database keeps growing

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 12:19:34 +0100

"zulijid_at_hotmail.com" wrote:

> hi,
>
> our oracle database is growing and growing, but we update only data
>
> every minute it produces new files,
>
> can we delete some of the oldest files like system.dbf ??
>
> why is this crap so slow , our dba told us it is time for a complete rebuild
> of the database.
>
> oracle says every month the database must be rebuilded for good performance
>
> progress was much better than oracle

By all means delete the SYSTEM.DBF file. That will solve everything. Also delete anything with a name like TEMP as we all know TEMP means temporary and it should have been gotten rid of long ago. Also blow away any files with names like LOG or CONTROL. As you will then have nothing to log and nothing to control. Be sure to put a very strong magnet near all of the backup tapes to erase them as they are just a complete waste of space.

Daniel Morgan
PS: All of the above I have posted is 100% pure and unadulterated sarcasm and should absolutely be ignored by anyone other than the original poster. If anyone is sufficiently lacking in lucid moments to do any of it they deserve what they get and I will not accept any responsibility. Received on Sun May 12 2002 - 06:19:34 CDT