Re: oracle access in vantive

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 12 May 2002 11:01:38 -0700

In article <YMvD8.73102$Ze.11174_at_afrodite.telenet-ops.be>, "koert54" says...

>man - what is it with this newsgroup today - everyone is posting utter
>bullshit today ???

I would suggest you ignore it like most of us are trying to do. It's simply not worth paying attention to, and certainly not worth responding to. I only wish they wouldn't waste my bandwidth since I acces this stuff through dial-up at the moment. :(

>"shrinad_at_hotmail.com" <aersdjes_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> we have the same problem !!
>>
>> the vantive consultants told use oracle is not working !
>>
>> so we should extract the data into flatfiles and join them with unix
>> shellscripts
>>
>> we do this daily , grep is much faster than select !!
>>
>> an informix consultant told us oracle is incredible slow in joining, so
>> we should go for access for every client
>>
>> we tried to improve performance and increased the logbuffer to
>> 1000m but it doesn`t help
>>
>> if you use ramdisk it will work better , but you must export your data
>> into flatfiles and print it because if you loose power everything is gone
>>

>> "master-dba" <master-dba_at_aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> >
>> > hi,
>> >
>> > we have vantive 7.0 on oracle 7.1 and we need some help.
>> >
>> > until know we found that we can get the database from the database
>> >
>> > select * from sw_customer
>> >
>> > but we need the data from an additional table
>> > we program in vba 2.0 this is very good
>> >

>> > is something like this possible:
>> >
>> > select * from sw_customer goto sw_address goto sw_bankaccount goto end
>> >

>> > why is it so difficult with oracle, dbase was much better and faster

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Sun May 12 2002 - 13:01:38 CDT