Re: Is that true: IBM overtakes Oracle in total database sales

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 19:54:51 +0100

nope only patforms that are relevant to your app. Access is without doubt an RDBMS. it also almost certainly has the highest installed base of any commercial RDBMS. however it isn't to be seen running ERP apps or TPC benchmarks because its not up to the job. I'd guess that ,scarily, it might also run the highest percentage of mission critical (ie can't do without) apps of any RDBMS.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA