Re: How to audit object grants to PUBLIC

From: Jim McBride <mcbridejt_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: 10 May 2002 10:16:25 -0700

cestamper_at_yahoo.com (Chris Stamper) wrote in message news:<34d76e21.0205091349.49e5a85e_at_posting.google.com>...
> I can't get my 8.1.6 db to audit basic object priv grants if the
> grantor owns the object. EX. foo says:
>
> grant select on foo.bar to public;
>
> It doesn't show up in dba_audit_trail.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to audit such actions? I've already combed
> through sql reference, dba guide, concepts, metalink, etc etc.
> Auditting ALL by <owner> doesn't do it, auditting GRANT TABLE by
> <owner> doesn't do it. What does? Does anything?
>
> TIA.
> CS

CS,
The 8i Concepts manual reads:
<snip>

Note:
Audit records are never generated by sessions established by the user SYS or connections with administrator privileges. Connections by these users bypass certain internal features of Oracle to allow specific administrative operations to occur (for example, database startup, shutdown, recovery, and so on).

<snip>
Where you logged in as SYS and didn't know it, by chance?

JM Received on Fri May 10 2002 - 12:16:25 CDT