Re: Bad Generalisations by Don Burleson

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 01:15:12 +1000

In article <3cda8a4a_at_pull.gecm.com>, you said (and I quote):
> Beginning to see a 'nasty' trend here. "Experts" sniping at "Experts".

Not really. Just people who take exception at "number of books published" being used as some form of implicit credibility measure.

> There is no book which covers it all, not one. And, as a matter of fact I
> don't think there ever will be; The subject of Oracle is too vast, and is
> getting bigger all the time. I recall at least one Oracle "name" stating
> that we almost need to split the job between two DBA's now, as the knowledge
> required is so high.

Absolutely correct. And one more point to reinforce the contention that no single person can "publish" 12 books on Oracle and claim to know all the subjects covered in them. It's impossible.

We all know that many of these books are produced by the metre, with contributions from many "cut and pasted" and slapped with the author's name as the origin. Wrong.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto