Re: Are OCI JDBC connections possible from an Oracle 9 client on Redhat Linux???

From: Steve Lock <s_lock_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 May 2002 01:42:55 -0700

Hi

Yes a connection with SQL Plus works ok but JDBC connections cause the error I posted before.

Just as a test, we tried switching back to the libocijdbc8.so and classes12.zip for the v8 client. Again JDBC connections don't work, although the Java error is different (JVM internal error, please contact Sun...). I guess the v8 client files aren't meant to be used under JDK 1.3 but Sun hasn't ported JDK 1.2.2 to RedHat 7.1 :-(

We got the libocijdbc9.so and classes12.zip from the update on the Oracle Technet site called jdbc901jdk13x_jdk12x-sol.zip.

This file is for Solaris but we saw several posts on the newsgroups stating that these files work under Linux too.

If that is false, where do we get the correct versions for Linux?

Regards

Steve