Re: How do you grant select on x$ table to system?

From: Trifon Anguelov <trifona_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 23:11:52 GMT

Joe,

The x$ tables could be queried only by SYS. Therefore you can not even create a public synonym for those tables and grant select on it. But you can always create a view, then grant select on this view to any user:

SQL>connect sys/<secret>@<service_name>

SQL>CREATE VIEW v_x$bh AS SELECT * FROM x$bh; SQL>GRANT SELECT ON v_x$bh TO system;

Then system can now select from x$bh table.

Check the latest Oracle DBA forums for more gotchas: http://www.dbaclick.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi

Hope that helps,

Trifon Anguelov
Senior Oracle DBA