Re: ORA-03113 - end-of-file on communication channel

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 20:17:24 GMT

davide_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> I'm trying to install Oracle 8.1.7 on a Linux SuSE machine, the
> installation work perfectly, but when I try to create a database,
> with the assistant or by hand, I receive this error and I can
> no longer connect to the system
>
> As soon as I start svrmgrl, I receive this error:
>
> 0RA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>
> After some research on the web I've found nothing that can
> point me in the right direction. I think is some issues with the
> memory, since if I restart the machine (reboot) the first time
> I can access svrmgrl, but as soon as I try to create the database
> (startup nomount pfile...) I receive an error and I'm stuck again.
>
> Any ideas ??
>
> Davide

Did you install Oracle by sticking the CD into the CDROM drive? Or did you do it by printing the readme file and following the directions?

If the later ... now is the appropriate time to print them and fix the problems related to semaphores, shared memory, environment variables, and other things you didn't do.

Daniel Morgan Received on Tue May 07 2002 - 15:17:24 CDT