Re: "create database" problem on linux 7.2

From: Ibrahim DOGAN <ibodogan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2002 23:04:59 -0700

I think I couldn't make it clear. I'm *NOT INSTALLING* anything here.. i'm just creating a database AFTER INSTALLATION

First, I successfully installed the 9i using 'oracle' user.

Then I created different user, assigned it to all groups i created during installation and tried to create different database from scratch.

Now are you telling me only installation user can create a database ??

Here is passage from from 9i Unix Installation Guide Pg: 47-48 ...
Scenario for Creating an ORAINVENTORY Group The following is a typical business scenario for which a separate ORAINVENTORY
group is needed:

seems to me it's possible, it's not ?