Re: "create database" problem on linux 7.2

From: Ibrahim DOGAN <ibodogan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2002 16:10:26 -0700

Sybrand:

I looked into many manuals/books but never seen something like "only unix user named 'oracle' can create a database." or "only installatio user can create database".

I know all installation guides use the "oracle" user but never seen explicit restriction about it.

I'd be more than happy if you poin it out.