Re: Cursors ...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 00:01:13 +0200

On Mon, 6 May 2002 23:20:25 +0200, "Meinhard Schnoor-Matriciani" <Meinhard_at_NewYorker.de> wrote:

>Hi togehter !
>
>I am in the need of writing a SP which generates new rows i a table. I am
>doing that using a cursor and loop through the result set. Unfortunately
>it's not allowed to use subselects in a cursor, so wrote a set of function
>which return the requested column values. Now the problem ist, that this
>technique seems to consume a lot of time ( 500msec with the functions , 20ms
>in interactive mode using subselects ). Does anybody have an advice what to
>do ?
>
>TIA
>Meinhard

Unfortunately
it's not allowed to use subselects in a cursor

This is just plain utter nonsense.

The only sensible advice I can provide is you provide more details, version numbers and your source code.
Crystal balls have always been sold out here

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon May 06 2002 - 17:01:13 CDT