Re: Which one is better? Oracel 9i or DB2 7.2??

From: Dr.J <jizwang_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 01:42:36 GMT

It is a big issue for us, since our sysadmin won't install C compiler on a production server (by the way IBM c compiler is not free, you don't want install it everywhere)

Oracle Pro*C can be compiled on a DEV box and move to PROD, you only need libraries (dynamically linked) or nothing extra (static linked)

Dr.J