Multiple Conditions for an Outer Join?

From: Seth Ladd <seth_at_brivo.net>
Date: 2 May 2002 11:35:12 -0700

Hello,

I've been searching around for this answer (or work around) but not finding much because I'm not sure how to phrase the question. I'm hoping someone can point me to some tips or hints.

I'm currently running Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris. I want to write a query like this:

SELECT <stuff> FROM table1, table2
WHERE table1.id = table2.t1_id (+)
AND (table2.x (+) = 12345 OR table2.x (+) = 12346)

But I'm not allowed to use OR with outer joins. Is there a tip or workaround for this problem? I could use a UNION but that seems pretty inefficient to me.

Thanks very much for your help,
Seth Received on Thu May 02 2002 - 13:35:12 CDT