Re: Listener Question

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:37:58 +1000

Not really resolved, though, is it? Use of the "SID" descriptor is deprecated, and is intended for non-8i databases only. Since you are reportedly using purely 8i on all machines, "SERVICE=" should work, and the reasons why it isn't in one case have not yet been discovered or dealt with.

What you have discovered is a quick-fix workaround. Which is fine if that is all you are after, and at least you can get on and do some work; but if you actually want to genuinely resolve the issue, you'll need to dig deeper.

Regards