Getting database hangs on package rebuilds

From: John Darrah <john.darrah_at_spambadusa.net>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 22:22:59 GMT

Here is the problem. When we push code in our production environment all of our sessions lock up because they cannot aquire a latch to pin and load a specific package. Our current work around is to crash the instance when this problem comes up. Does anybody know how to best diagnose this? What we are seeing is after the package is rebuilt, v$session_wait shows an increasing number of sessions show the "library cache pin" or "library cache load" event. If I try to execute a function from the package, my session will hang. If anyone can give me some places to look to find out what is going on here, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

John
Feel free to email me (remove the spambad) either at the address above or jdarrah_at_veripostspambad.net