Re: Oracle8i on Linux 7.1 HELP - I'm melting

From: Paul Fagan <paulfagan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:20:48 +0000

Kevin,

Just a simple one but before logging in as oracle on your box have you (or even logging as oracle on the same box) have you disabled X access control? -

  1. xhost +
  2. DISPLAY=servername:0.0; export DISPLAY
  3. cd /to_runinstaller_dir
  4. ./runInstaler

p.s. post the errors to the newsgroup it'll give us more of a chance to help debug.

Paul.