Re: Is this a record !

From: Blair Kenneth Adamache <adamache_at_ca.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 13:14:47 -0400

DB2 v7.2 (released in June, 2001) supports 64-bit on HP-UX, and will support 32-bit HP-UX until 6/2003. Current plans are that DB2 v8 will support 32-bit on HP-UX (as 32/64 on HP and the other platforms: Unix, Windows, etc) until at least 2004. The Version 7.2 commitment is official and announced. The v8 statements is a plan (although we're obviously building DB2 v8 on HP 32 and 64 every night in development now). Perhaps Oracle was having problems with the ACC compiler? It was certainly troublesome for us when we switched to it, but we were able to get through all problems.

Regarding your other post Nuno (the alter user to 20 cm where you were concerned about fragmentation) - DB2 would avoid fragmentation in such a case with the use of larger page sizes (4k, 8k, 16k, 32k - whatever it takes). Whether it's a tuple or some other more intimate object, DB2 is built for scalability.