Extensive SYSTEM-Tblspc growing!ß!

From: R. Schicht <schicht_at_vie.ce.philips.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:15:39 +0200

What could be a reason for the SYSTEM-Tablespace to grow up very fast (05.2001 about 1GB -> today about 8GB)?!?

It´s Oracle 8i (NT) with no auditing and pctincrease set on 50% for SYSTEM-TABLESPACE. I have made a simply query like

select sum(bytes) from dba_segments where tablespace_name = 'SYTEM';

brought me the knowledge there are only 38Megabytes in this Tablepace!!!!!

The other miracle is, that the datafile is defined with 5,7GB in dba_data_files but on disk i habe a file with 8GB!!!

Does anyone has an idea??

Any idea and help would be appreciated

Roman Schicht Received on Fri Aug 24 2001 - 03:15:39 CDT