Re: How to avoid a public Database link

From: Marc Billiet <first.last_at_com.hydro.switch.this>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 14:17:53 GMT

Op 2001-08-23, 8:03:34, schreef marcus.kuehl_at_t-online.de (waltervdv) over het thema How to avoid a public Database link:

> Hallo !

> Can I create a database-link under user A and give access to it to
> user B without creating a public database-link ?
> I dont't think it is possible to gant any priviliges on database-links
> - right?

> Thanks in advance

> Marcus

Is it the database link that you want to share, or only a table on the remote database ? In the latter case, you can create a synonym on that table (create synonym remote_table for table_at_dblink) and give user B access to the synonym.

Marc Received on Thu Aug 23 2001 - 09:17:53 CDT