Re: muliple instances on one database?

From: Andreas Schlager <aschlager_at_kaindl.com>
Date: 22 Aug 2001 11:57:44 GMT

Sig Dock <sigdock_at_MailAndNews.com> wrote in <3B87D746_at_MailAndNews.com>:

>To create a failover-mechanism I want a second instance on another Sun
>Fire 280, connected to the disk cabinet, to use this. Is this possible

Hi,

one possibility could be Oracle Parallel Server (OPS). Because you want that 2 Oracle instances share _one_ disk together, this would work. You have another advantages (better performance because 2 machines are online, truly transparency for clients in case of a fault (with Net8), _no_ downtime in case if one machine crashes, etc.:

On the other hand this is more expensive than 2 seperate instances.

hth.

Andreas. Received on Wed Aug 22 2001 - 06:57:44 CDT