Re: 8.1.6 on windows 2000, no odbc?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 21 Aug 2001 08:30:02 -0500

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, vslabs_at_onwe.co.za wrote:

> ODBC has jack nothing to do with Oracle.
>
> Now before I get flamed for that statement by some clueless
> idiot (yeah, in a cranky mood, so what else is new),

:-)

> but then neither is ODBC a bright idea either.

This is the one serious thought I have in my post. Why do you say this? ODBC certainly has been used successfully by many client apps. Maybe because its from MS, that none of us really want to like it, but I don't understand how it isn't a "bright" idea.

> Oh well.. <off to grab yet another cup of coffee in the vain
> hope that a sudden flash of insight, caused by a caffeine
> overdose, will result in a revelation on how to rid the world
> of VB programmers

Now, now. I know lots of really smart VB programmers.

> and consultants

Hey wait a minute :-)

> , SQL-Server DBA's

Are there any of these?

> and senior consultants

You just got rid of consultants. Now you just want to stomp on our graves? :-)

> , NT administrators

Are there any of these?

> and independant consultants

Whoa, did you kill all of our children as well?

> , and other assorted idiots>

Whew! Billy, man, I hope that coffee kicks in for you :-)

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.