defrag needed

From: Konstantinos Agouros <elwood_at_news.agouros.de>
Date: 18 Aug 2001 10:23:47 +0200

Hi,

I have the following problem (8.1.6.0.3 on Solaris7): Once in the night I import roughly 2-5mio entries using sqlldr direct=true. After some work with the data I delete all of this data that's older than two days. So this one big table stays at about 10mio lines. I set my datafile to autoextend and it keeps growing nevertheless. I guess the directpath method simply appends to the end. So is there a way besides exporting/dropping/importing  all tables to keep the datafile tight?

Konstantin

--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood_at_agouros.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185