Re: IMPORT 20G database ..(SLOW!!!!)

From: JK Yao <jkyf0131_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 20:26:34 -0700

hi,

I use Oracle8i and IMPORT8.1.6
OS: Solaris 5.7
Server Sun E3000. 3 250MHz CPUs with 2GB memory. Database size:20GB.

I have following questions too:

  1. The importing is getting slower. At first two hours, the import is fast but later in some specific table it got slow and never turn fast. Any parameter I should set to get the process faster? What number should I put in buffer? Does that help to speed up the import?
  2. I have an idea. How to import user without schema? So, I can import large tables one by one. After I imported those large tables (more than 500K rows), and then I can do full import. Does this help???
  3. I already set index=n and commit=y. So, any parameter to speed up the process.

I already set following parameters:
full=y
commit=y
indexes=n