Re: moving data from sybase/ms sql server to oracle

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 10:03:15 -0500

On 15 Aug 2001, simax_at_mail.com wrote:

> Hi, I am looking for assistance in the steps to follow to load
> data into oracle from sybase and ms sql server. I have bcp'ed
> all data out into .csv files and have created ctl files for
> each table. what are the steps to follow when using sql
> loader, for instance, if our application makes use of
> sequences, do I drop all the triggers and then load the data
> and then recreate the triggers?

I don't understand this question. Do you have triggers from SQLServer, or do you realize you will need triggers to mimic the SQLServer id column?

> Would the sequences not need to be recreated? Any help would
> be greatly appreciated.

Does you data have the numbers that were created by SQLServer? Then load it in, create sequences which start at max+1 of that number.

--
Galen Boyer
It seems to me, I remember every single thing I know.